Are you interested in volunteering with NorthRidge Community Credit Union (NorthRidge)?
If you are interested in any volunteering opportunities, you do not need any prior financial experience. Your experiences in our local communities provides much of the required skills. Typically, volunteering with the credit union is a monthly time commitment of about one to two hours and the meetings take place between all of NorthRidge’s office locations.
So, if you are still reading this you are obviously interested. Here are some of the volunteering opportunities!
Board of Directors
Like all credit unions, NorthRidge has a board of directors responsible for setting direction and overseeing operations on behalf of its members. Directors are elected by members, and every member in good standing has the right to seek election to the board.
The board has five key responsibilities:
- Working with management to establishing strategic direction and regularly reviewing that direction to ensure that it responds to the changing environment in which the credit union operates.
- Hiring and delegating authority to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to manage and supervise the day-to-day business of the credit union.
- Monitoring the credit union’s performance, including financial results, progress against annual and long-term goals and plans, compliance with board policies, and effective risk management.
- Communicating with members and other stakeholders, including reporting on progress through the Annual Report and at the Annual Meeting.
- Monitoring and ensuring appropriate and effective governance of the credit union.
NorthRidge appreciates the time and effort that our directors dedicate to planning our future and ensuring that the best interests of members are always at the forefront of the credit union’s operations. Directors attend regular board meetings and participate on board committees the time commitment is approximately one to two hours every month and the meeting locations vary between the NorthRidge offices.
Members of the NorthRidge Supervisory Committee are responsible for ensuring that the credit union’s Board of Directors and management establish and follow practices and procedures to properly safeguard members’ assets. In addition, the Committee is responsible for the annual financial statement audit from a licensed, independent auditor.
Do you have other skills that you think would be beneficial for NorthRidge? Let us know what they are!